Racelogic Speed Sensor Variants
With 5Hz, 10Hz, 20Hz and 100Hz GPS update rate options available, the speed sensor range suits a variety of budgets and requirements. Units from 10Hz update rate are also compatible with the DGPS Base Station for increased positional accuracy. If you need to measure speed, position or acceleration, but have no need for internal logging, then the VBOX GPS Speed Sensor range is ideal. VBOX Speed Sensors are smaller, cheaper and more rugged than the equivalent VBOX range of data loggers, with the same accuracy and quality of signal. They are designed to integrate directly with your own logging equipment via a CAN or serial interface.
All units are housed in the same small, water resistant package with connections made via a Deutsch motorsport style connector.
VBOX 100Hz Dual Antenna Speed Sensor
The Speed Sensor Dual Antenna (VBSS100SL) is a 100Hz GPS/GLONASS system, which combines high level accuracy and test repeatability with the ability to measure slip and pitch/roll angles at 100Hz.
Vbox Speed Sensor 100hz
100Hz GPS update rate options available, the speed sensor range suits a variety of budgets and requirements. All units are also compatible with the DGPS Basestation for increased positional accuracy with options for 1m, 40cm, 20cm and 2cm
Vbox Speed Sensor 5 to 20 Hz
If you need to measure speed, position or acceleration, but have no need for internal logging, then the VBOX GPS Speed Sensor range is ideal. They are smaller, cheaper and more rugged than the equivalent VBOX range of data loggers, with the same accuracy and quality of signal.
The VBOX Speed Sensor Single Antenna has a host of features which makes it a very powerful and flexible item of vehicle testing equipment.
- High performance GPS receivers
- CAN Bus output position, velocity, distance, time, heading, height, vertical
- velocity, longitudinal & lateral acceleration, trigger to zero distance, trigger time, trigger speed, radius of turn
- RS232 Serial Output of NMEA, position velocity and time (except 5Hz unit)
- User configurable analogue + digital outputs
- Virtual Lap Beacon Output
- Compatible with DGPS Base Station (except 5Hz unit)
- Rugged Deutsch ASDD Autosport connector
- High quality aluminium enclosure
- IP66 rated: water + dustproof
- Wide 6.5V – 30V operating range
- GPS Antenna
- 3V Active Antenna (inc) / 5V for 100Hz version.
- Output Data Rate: 125Kbit, 250Kbit, 500Kbit & 1Mbit selectable baud rate. Software controlled CAN termination
- NMEA and Racelogic Serial data dependant on unit type
- Either speed, lateral acceleration, longitudinal acceleration, or lap beacon output at 0 to 5v DC
- Speed or lap beacon
- Output Data Rate: Low = 0v, High = 5v
- Max frequency 4.4Khz